Curriculum for the week:
Reading Story - The Enormous Turnip and The Mitten
Spelling - lay, pay, away, ate, date, rake, take, mail, fail, care, save, shape, wait, whale, became. Bonus: today, sprain, afraid, strainer, yesterday
Vocabulary - enormous, granddaughter, grew, planted, strong, turnip
Reading skills - find the characters challenges and how they overcome them, compare two similar folktales
Grammar - prefixes
Writing - monster paragraphs
Math - finish 100 more/ 100 less - begin addition with regrouping
Science - inventors
A few reminders:
We will have a Hometown Heros presentation on Wednesday morning.
Red Ribbon Week (Say No to Drugs)
October 22-26
Monday - I'm a "jean"-ius - I'm drug free!
Wear: Blue jeans and a rock band t-shirt.
Tuesday - I'm too cool to ever use drugs!
Wear: Sunglasses, mustaches and/or any red accessories
Wednesday - "Hair's" to a drug fre life!
Wear: Hats or crazy hair
Thursday - Sock it to drugs!
Wear Red/Crazy socks
Friday - Team up against drugs!
Wear: Sports team or Stallions shirt